Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Baton Rouge Student Apartments FAQs

Where is Cadence located?

Cadence is located at 7801 Scenic Hwy., Baton Rouge, LA 70807, near Southern University.

How do I contact the Cadence leasing office?

Visit the office at 7801 Scenic Hwy., Baton Rouge, LA 70807 or call (225) 694-1028.

What is Individual Leasing?

Individual leasing means peace of mind for you. Your financial responsibility is your student’s space only—unlike many apartments or rental houses with joint leases. That means if a roommate transfers or moves out for any reason, you don’t have to worry about covering their portion.

What is included?

Your installment includes satellite TV, internet, water, sewage, and an electricity cap. It also includes all amenities.

Do you offer roommate matching?

If your student doesn’t have a roommate, we can find them one! Each roommate will fill out a Roommate Matching form, so we know what they’re looking for. During the summer, we spend weeks looking at these preferences and matching them up with the best person available.

When is my rent due?

You have three installment payment options to pay the entire amount due under the lease: one installment, two installments, or 12 installments. If you choose to pay a single installment for the entire amount, that single installment is due August 1. If you choose to pay in two semester installments, those installments are due August 1 and January 1. If you choose to pay in 12 installments, the first installment is due on August 1 and the remaining 11 installments are due on the 1st of the next 11 months. Please note that these are all installment payment options and not monthly rent.

How do I pay my rent?

We accept payment via check, money order, or through the online system.

Do you allow pets?

Yes! We do allow pets. Add your pet to your application or reach out to the office for more information.

Is there insurance coverage in the event of a fire, theft, or natural causes? Does my lease provide coverage for my belongings?

Cadence’s insurance will not cover your personal belongings. We suggest getting renters insurance for this reason. It is generally inexpensive and will cover your personal belongings if something were to happen.

What if I need to break my lease or don't return for the spring semester?

Your lease is binding and cannot be broken. If you cannot live at Cadence after signing your lease, you will need to re-let. Please call the leasing office for information on re-letting.

What if I need maintenance in my bedroom or apartment?

If you need maintenance, simply go to your resident portal on our website and fill out a maintenance request. You can also call or stop by the front desk. If it is an emergency, please notify the front office immediately.

What furniture is provided?

  • Cadence bedrooms are fully furnished with a full-size bed, a large desk, desk chair, and a dresser.
  • The living area includes a couch, chair, coffee table, TV stand. In select floor plans, barstools, dining table, and chairs are also included.
  • The kitchen is fully equipped with energy-efficient appliances, including refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, and a washer and dryer.

How do I receive mail and packages?

Your mail will be delivered to your apartment’s mailbox located on the Cadence property.

What do I need to bring to my new apartment?

We suggest that you bring:

  • Bedding for a full-size bed
  • Toiletries
  • Dishes/cookware
  • Decorations to make your new room feel like home

What kinds of events do you have at Cadence?

Cadence has resident events that range from pizza parties to Taco Tuesdays. Not only is there free food at events, but it’s also a great way to meet people!

Are leases for families with children available?

Yes. The property’s policy is included here for family occupants with a child(ren) under the age of 18 who is domiciled with at least one parent, legal guardian, or another person having legal custody of the child under the age of 18; or the designee of such parent or other person having such custody, with written permission of such parent or other person. For family households with children, all household members age 18 or older must complete an application, and sign the lease as a resident. For family households with children under the age of 18, at least two people will be permitted to occupy a single bedroom. If a family household with children under the age of 18 requires additional occupancy per bedroom, additional occupants may be allowed on a case-by-case basis based on factors including, but not limited to, the size of the bedroom(s) and unit, age of the children, configuration of the unit, any physical limitations of the property, and local occupancy codes. If the child occupant reaches 18 years of age during the term of the lease, the lease will be allowed to complete its term, but renewal will only be offered in compliance with the occupancy policy as stated. Child occupants who are under 24 months at the time the lease is signed will not be counted under the occupancy policy for purposes of maximum occupancy but will be counted for subsequent leases if they reach the age of 24 months during the term of the lease. The landlord has the right to lease any empty bedroom(s). Families should contact the office directly regarding the application for family households, as this process varies from individual leasing and the required forms are not all available electronically.